- “New York Wraps Up First Community PV-Storage Project” • New York State’s first community solar paired with energy storage project has been completed. IPPsolar installed the 557-kW rooftop solar system and 490 kW of Tesla batteries in Westchester County. The installation will reduce the energy costs for approximately 150 household. [reNEWS]
- “Everything You Need To Know About Tesla’s New 4680 Battery Cell” • Tesla didn’t hold back at Battery Day, announcing a new tabless 4680 cell form factor. The battery has increasee energy density, thermal characteristics similar to smaller cells, improved the power-to-weight ratio, and lower cost, with its manufacturing streamlined. [CleanTechnica]
- “Shell To Fuel Microsoft With Renewable Power In Net-Zero ‘Alliance’ Deal” • Transitioning oil supermajor Shell is to begin supplying Microsoft with renewables-sourced power to help the IT giant reach its 2025 targets for 100% clean energy. The deal is part of a far-reaching “strategic alliance”, the two companies have announced. [Upstream Online]
- “Swancor Reveals 4.4-GW Formosa Plans” • Swancor Renewable Energy, backed by affiliates of US-based Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, announced plans to develop a 4.4 GW portfolio of offshore wind projects off the coast of Taiwan. Swancor says the three wind farms could generate enough electricity to power over 4.5 million homes. [4C Offshore]
- “Solar Wins Big In Project Selection To Advance Maine’s Clean Energy Goals” • Maine’s ambitious goals to build clean energy and address climate change reached an important milestone when the state Public Utilities Commission approved contracts for 17 renewable power projects – largely solar, but also wind, biomass, and hydroelectric. [The Bethel Citizen]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.