- “Receding Glaciers In Nanda Devi Region Affecting Lifestyle, Agriculture” • The changes in glaciers in the Nanda Devi region of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand in the last three decades have majorly affected the lifestyle, culture and agricultural practices of people living in nearby villages, a study carried out by experts from major institutes says. [Hindustan Times]
- “EAG Reveals Hybrid Electric Airplane Concept” • EAG plans to have the HERA (for Hybrid Electric Regional Aircraft) in service by 2028. The HERA will offer carriers short take-off-and-landing performance, a flexible cabin design for quick change between passenger and cargo configurations, and an operating range of 800 nautical miles. [CleanTechnica]
- “Earth Lost A ‘Staggering’ 28 Trillion Tonnes Of Ice In Just 23 Years” • Scientists from Leeds and Edinburgh universities and University College London analysed satellite surveys of glaciers, mountains, and ice sheets between 1994 and 2017 to identify the impact of global warming. They called the loss of ice that they found “staggering.” [ScienceAlert]
- “How Wildfire Pollution May Be Harming Your Health” • Smoke from burning forests and peat can linger for weeks in the atmosphere, drifting thousands of miles and harming the health of populations living far away. And since the start of 2020, Russia has seen an estimated 19 million hectares consumed by wildfires [an area a little larger than New England]. [BBC]
- “Study Shows States Can Embrace ‘Green’ Energy And Still Grow” • Every New England state has cut their energy-related carbon emissions while growing their economies in the past two decades, according to a new analysis by the World Resources Institute. This offers proof that climate action can actually be a good return on investment. [ecoRI news]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.