- “Tesla Had 28% of World’s Fully Electric Vehicle Sales in 1st Half of 2020” • Among fully electric vehicle sales, Tesla’s has a 28% market share, while Volkswagen Group and the Renault-Nissan Alliance each had 10%. BYD and Hyundai-Kia round out the top five with 7% each. The top five accounted for 62% of EV sales in the first half of 2020. [CleanTechnica]
- “Last Decade Was Earth’s Hottest On Record, Exposing Grim Reality Of Climate Change” • The State of the Climate in 2019, a report published by the American Meteorological Society, says 2019 was among the warmest years on record, this decade is the hottest since records began in the mid-1800s, and the warmest six years on record were all in the last six years. [CNN]
- “Greenland’s Ice Sheet Has Melted To A Point Of No Return, According To Study” • Greenland’s ice sheet has melted to a point of no return, and efforts to slow global warming will not stop it from disintegrating, according to a study by researchers at Ohio State University. Over 280 billion metric tons ice melt from Greenland each year. [CNN]
- “Trump Administration Completes Climate Dismantling with Methane Rollback” • The final rollback of Obama-era methane rules was announced by EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler during a trip to Pittsburgh. The move marked the culmination of a 3 ½-year struggle by the Trump administration to undo the Obama emissions rules. [Scientific American]
- “New Study Shows Air Pollution Has Decreased In The US – Mostly In Rich, White Communities” • A study shows that fine particulate concentrations in the US have declined around 70% since 1982. But the areas that were the most polluted in 1982 are still the most polluted in 2020, and they are largely low-income and minority communities. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.