- “Tesla Model 3 Is Best Selling Luxury Car In USA – By Far (Q1 2020)” • The Tesla Model 3 accounted for approximately 21% of new small and midsize luxury car sales in the USA in Q1 of 2020. This should not be a surprise. It has better acceleration, lower operational cost, and higher resale value. It is also rated as the safest car you can buy. [CleanTechnica]
- “Renew Power Wins 400-MW Round-The-Clock Renewable Auction At ₹2.90/kWh” • The Solar Energy Corporation of India has concluded the 400-MW round-the-clock renewable power supply auction. Out of nearly 950 MW bid, Renew Power won the entire capacity of 400 MW by quoting the lowest first-year tariff of ₹2.90/kWh (3.8¢/kWh). [pv magazine India]
- “Killer Heat And Humidity Combination Not Experienced Before Is Becoming More Common” • A report by The Earth Institute at Columbia University indicates that the combination of extreme heat and humidity once believed never experienced by humans, is already occurring. Such weather surpasses the theoretical threshold of human survivability. [CNN]
- “Timeline: 23 Years Of Attempts To Restrict Public Health Science At EPA” • The EPA is advancing a far-reaching proposal to restrict its use of science with no official public hearings and a limited sixty-day comment period, ending May 18. The rule is the culmination of 25 years of attempts to weaken environmental and health laws. [Union of Concerned Scientists]
- “Shedding New Light On The Ocean’s Living Carbon Pump” • Phytoplankton play a crucial role in ocean biology and climate. Using data from the European Space Agency’s Climate Change Initiative, a study has produced a 20-year time-series of global primary production in the oceans, shedding new light on the ocean’s living carbon pump. [SciTechDaily]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.