The Department of Energy’s Building Technologies Office (BTO), within the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, is hosting a webinar entitled, “Thermal Energy Storage: Hot Water Thermal Energy” on Thursday March 19, 2020, at 3:00 PM E.T. This is the second webinar in a three-part webinar series designed to engage stakeholders to identify potential barriers and RD&D needs for thermal energy storage. The next webinar will be held in summer 2020.
Energy storage is important to support affordable, reliable, and resilient energy delivery. Thermal energy storage can be particularly useful to buildings since significant fractions of energy in the built environment are used to meet thermal loads.
- Karma Sawyer, Emerging Technologies Program Manager, Building Technologies OfficeÂ
- Conrad Eustic, Founder and Principal, REASCEND (Portland General Electric –Â Retired)
- Randy Fish, Director of Business Development and Partnerships, Shifted Energy
- William Livingood, Group Manager, Commercial Buildings, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Matt Leach, Researcher IV, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Register for the webinar.