- Climate Activists to Stage Rally and Die-in at Cuomo’s State of the State Address.
- Climate activists from the Hudson Valley and the Capital District will hold a die-in in the War Room of the State Capitol at noon.
- The groups are urging Governor Cuomo to declare a Climate Emergency, starting with a halt to new fossil fuel projects such as the Danskammer and Cricket Valley fracked gas power plants. They are also urging the state to commit $10 billion annually for Green New Deal initiatives.
- In addition to the die-in, there will be speeches about the various fossil fuel initiatives that need to be halted if the state is going to meet its climate goals.
- After the rally, the activists will demonstrate in the State Concourse before the Governor’s annual State of the State address.
WHEN: Wednesday, January 8 – 11:30 AM
WHERE: War Room, 2nd Floor State Capitol, Albany NY
WHAT: Die-In for Climate Emergency: Call to shut down new fossil fuel Infrastructure
WHO: Climate activists, Food & Water Action, People of Albany United for Safe Energy (PAUSE), Newburgh Clean Water Project, Green Education and Legal Fund
Leave a Reply