N.R. Mallery, publisher of G.E.T.
Robots are all around us. From vacuum cleaners to vehicles, at work and home, they have arrived.
My personal favorites are my two robot lawnmowers. I tell everyone, they are the next best thing I have done since going solar seventeen years ago. I haven’t mowed my two acres of lawn for four years now. It is actually hard to think of how I had the time to mow it before my Robomow RS630 mowers came to do it for me.
I did a lot of research before making my first purchase, learning what was available then. When I sat down to see what the reviews are saying for 2019 robot mowers, I was amazed at how many robot mower options there are today. They are flooding the market, but the Robomow brand is among the top mowers in every review I read! My own experience more than proves why the Robomow is still the one I recommend.
The Robomow website (usa.robomow.com) says it better than I can, but I CAN testify to this:
- The Robomow mower has over twenty years of experience in the robot mower industry. (I know an eye doctor near Boston who just replaced his original Robomow mower. After ten years, he still loves his as much as I do mine.)
- The Robomow is easy to install with no need to bury the wire. It is easy enough that most people can do it themselves.
- The consistent high performance means it is strong, fast, and is very easy to use. The wide cut on this powerful, yet quiet, mower makes my uneven lawn, formerly a cow pasture, look pristine with a better, consistent cut on all two acres.
- They mow the edging (no other brands offered this at my time of purchase).
- They are safe around children and pets.
- They do the hills without skipping a beat.
- The mowers have a rain sensor and go “home” when it rains.
- Did I say how quiet it is?
- There is no gas, oil or belts to maintain.
- I have my original batteries.
- My grass is ‘greener’ and healthier because of the super mulching from the double blades. The cut grass composts into the soil with no need for fertilizers to have a lawn that looks like a golf course. No emissions mean it is greener for the planet, too.
- There is never any residual grass to be raked or brought inside from your shoes or pet’s feet.
- The support person I deal with knows the mowers in and out and is there when and if I need him. There are also guides and tutorials available.
- And, of course, there is an app for it, too.
Time is precious to most of us. Money is, too. My experience shows that robot mowers give you back your time and are well worth their initial cost, which is much less than a riding mower, but can do a better job, without YOU. I think a robot mower worth its weight in gold. Keep in mind how much your time is worth if you do the mowing or how much you pay a service per year. And how much does it cost for fuel and maintenance of your current mower? Is your lawn always mowed, raked, healthy with no fertilizers added, and what is the noise level when the lawn is being mowed by the service or you?
Although I am quite partial to my Robomow, there are many options on the market today. There is no longer a need for people to mow lawns when the robot can do it for you. I am still thrilled every time I notice them going past the window. I can only speak for the Robomow brand.