Last week SolarFest announced 14 world-class acts including headline performers Dar Williams, Donna the Buffalo, and Marcia Ball on two solar-powered stages.
“The music sounds great – but what about the workshops?”
On July 15th & 16th we are thrilled to offer more than 50 workshops across five different subject tracks at our beautiful new home at the Southern Vermont Arts Center in Manchester, VT. Here’s just a sampling of the topics being presented:
- Renewable Energy & Conservation – Introduction to Solar Electric; Off-grid Solar Design; Solar Plus Storage; Graywater Heat Exchangers; Demystifying Solar; Renewable Energy Choices; Small Wind Turbines; Zero Energy Weatherization; Heat Pump & Solar Water Heaters; Renewable Energy Financing
- Green Buildings – Making Your Home More Efficient; Earth Sheltered Housing; Reassessing Passive Solar Design; Tiny House Efficiency; Carbon Dioxide Tracer Gas Testing; Pre-fab Straw Panels; Biophilia & Biophilic Design; Multi-family Passive House
- Sustainable Living & Food – Native American Mindfulness; Environmental Solutions in Plain Sight; Year-round Indoor Salad Gardening; Regenerative Farm Approach to Energy, Carbon, and Soil; Socially Responsible Investing; Mindful Lifestyle Choices; Medicine from Field & Forest; Solar Cooking in Your Own Backyard
- Music & Arts – Songwriting; Improvisation as Conversation in Experimental Jazz; Solar Stories Workshop; Guitar Master Class; World Percussion; Circle of Gongs; Art as a Vehicle for Social Change
- Advanced Technology & Policy – Advanced Aerodynamics; Energy Storage Technology, Policy & Opportunities; Solving the World’s Sustainability Problems; Solar PV Business & Finance; Environmental Impacts of War & Militarism; Cold Climate Heat Pumps; Renewable Natural Gas; Carbon Pricing & Energy Independence; Electric Vehicles & the Grid
Tickets are now on sale, including discounted one- and two-day passes and camping. With the support of our dedicated sponsors, admission starts at only $20, with weekend campsites in the largest sculpture garden in New England available for only $30.
Enjoy SolarFest — share the latest insights from professionals and practitioners — surround yourself with art, music you can dance to, and information you can use.
See you on July 15th & 16th at the Southern Vermont Arts Center in Manchester, VT.
– Mike Bailey, Trustee & Treasurer