Vermont Public Service Department Announces Second Meeting of Solar Siting Task Force
Montpelier, Vermont – The second meeting of the Solar Siting Task Force will take place on Thursday, September 17, 2015 from 10:00 AM -12:00 p.m. in the Giga conference room on the third floor of the Public Service Department, 112 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont. The Solar Siting Task Force was created in Act 56 of the 2014-2015 legislative session. Details on the membership, duties, and timeframe of the Task Force can be found in Act 56, Sec. 26g.
The draft agenda for the September 17, 2015 meeting is listed below .
Solar Siting Task Force September 17, 2015 Draft Meeting Agenda
- Welcome, Overview of Agenda & Member Introductions – PSD Commissioner Christopher Recchia
- Approval of 7/28/15 Minutes
- Introduction of New Task Force Member and Vice Chair Re-Election
- State Energy Goals, Portfolio Options and Solar Land Use Implications – Dr. Asa Hopkins, Director of Planning and Energy Resource Development, DPS
- Solar Aesthetics Guidance – David Raphael, Landscape Architect and Planner, Land Works
- Public comments
- Other Business
- Wrap Up
All meetings of the Solar Siting Task Force are open to the public.