5th Annual 5K Run and Free Fair
Celebrate Earth Day in Londonderry, NH
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 Stonyfield, local, organic yogurt maker, in collaboration with LOCO Sports, will host the fifth annual Stonyfield Earth Day 5K & Fair. The event will take place from 10 am to 1 pm at the Stonyfield Yogurt Works location, 10 Burton Drive in Londonderry, NH. This family-friendly road race and fair is open to the public so that everyone can join the fun! Rated one of the top ten 5k races in New England with about 2500 runners and 4000 attendees at the free fair, this is one opportunity locals won’t want to miss!
Runners and walkers should sign up as early as possible to take advantage of new offers this year. The first 1400 pre-registered 5k entrants get an Adidas custom tech race tee. Additionally, the first 200 kids to register for the children’s race will obtain a free pass to The NH Children’s Museum and a pass to Charmingfare Farm.
Local brings a whole new aspect for the event this year including:
- Smuttynose and Rustic Crust. Smuttynose will be bringing their well-known race beer tent (runners will get beer tickets, non-runners must pay for beer). Complementing the tasty local beer will be free local pizza at the Rustic Crust pizza truck.
- A Market, Applegate, Pete and Gerry’s Eggs and Pretzel Crisps will provide free, healthful food for attendees.
- Live music will be provided by Pat and The Hats, a popular, local-to-New Hampshire ban. The band will be playing for the duration of the fair.
- Kids will also be able to enjoy: face painting, balloonists, a kids zone bounce house, laser tag, dunk tanks, exciting interactive exhibits from The Discovery Museum and SEE Science Center and Vertical Dreams with their rock-climbing wall. Little ones will have a chance to meet Gurt the Stonyfield Cow, Slider from the NH Fishercat’s, Max from the Manchester Monarchs, Geoffrey the Giraffe from Babies “R” Us and several other mascots.
- A dedicated runners’ tent will be on site, complete with three chiropractic practices, and massages for all by Seacoast Career School.
- Transportation from Grace Limousines with shuttles to and from the race to free nearby parking lots.
- Frank FM (106.3) and 105.5 JYY will be broadcasting live all day on-site.
- NH Roller Derby will be providing a demo on site for fair goers. NH Roller Derby is a non-profit sports organization that promotes women’s athleticism while giving back to the local community.
- The “Bunny Hop” will return this year, with free ‘bunny tails’ to bring attention to the endangered New England Cottontail rabbit. Stonyfield will be donating a portion of race proceeds to New Hampshire’s Nongame and Endangered Wildlife Program to help support species conservation efforts.
General registration is $30 and tickets can be purchased from March 1 through May 12 midnight. Race day registration may be available, pending space. The Kids Race is for children 10 and under and is free; children can be registered at the fair. Affordable youth pricing for big kids over 10 is also available for $20 a ticket. Runners can head to http://stonyfield5k.com/ for more information.
Leave a Reply