As you know well, climate change threatens Vermont’s economy, way of life and future generations. To turn this challenge into opportunity, we need all hands on deck to realize a renewable energy future and meet Vermont’s energy and climate goals.
For those who want to get involved in – or deepen their involvement in – clean energy and climate change solutions there is an event you don’t want to miss this Saturday, December 6.
The Annual Vermont Community Energy and Climate Action Conference at the Lake Morey Inn in Fairlee this Saturday is an event designed to inspire, support and grow the statewide network of town energy committees and other Vermonters interested in charting an efficient, renewable energy future for our state.
KEYNOTE UPDATE: Unfortunately, due to a family emergency, the Post Carbon Institute’s Richard Heinberg will not be able to join us as the keynote speaker. We have, however, secured another fantastic keynote – James Howard Kunstler (pictured at right), a popular speaker and author of many well-regarded books, including The Geography of Nowhere, The City in Mind and The Long Emergency.
So register today! This powerful, one-day event emphasizes clean energy and climate action strategies that can be implemented locally.
Specifically, the conference includes:
- Over 20 workshops on topics ranging from community solar and energy efficiency to the legislative look forward and building powerful alliances;
- Opening remarks from State of Vermont energy and climate change leaders;
- A presentation and conversation with Senator Bernie Sanders;
- Exhibits and information from dozens of renewable energy, energy efficiency, transportation and clean energy experts and advocates;
- Fantastic networking opportunities;
- An amazing, largely local lunch.
Please mark your calendar and plan to attend – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – at at the Lake Morey Inn (Fairlee, VT) – on December 6.
The cost is $45 and includes the largely local lunch. REGISTER TODAY!
Find all the details here, register today and plan to enjoy an inspiring, empowering event.