Little Green Hydro, LLC (LGH) seeks farms in Vermont and/or New Hampshire to install and use the EcoHydro System with funding provided by LGH and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
LGH has successfully completed USDA-REAP programs in prior years based on our Eco-Hydro System and we are ready to partner with you to develop and submit a winning proposal for your farm (some small businesses may also be eligible).
Due to the tight proposal deadline with the USDA on July 1st, you must contact us by no later than June 25th to indicate your interest in this opportunity. There is significant effort involved in developing and preparing the proposal for submission, which we will complete with your assistance. We will prepare and submit the proposal for our farm partner at no cost to the farm.
The EcoHydro System ™ is the first commercially-available MicroHydro renewable energy solution. No dams, no stream alterations, no negative environmental impacts – the EcoHydro System is highly environmentally-sustainable technology. With the right site, the EcoHydro System can be the lowest-cost renewable energy source available … even lower than today’s fossil-fuel grid power!
The prospective farm partner will:
- Be an operating farm business, agricultural enterprise or qualified small business
- Have an appropriate stream or brook on the farm property
- Have an interest in renewable energy
- Have an economic justification (e.g. reducing farm energy input costs)
- Be willing to serve as an on-going demonstration/information site
The farm’s brook can be of many different types, but good characteristics for the onfarm small stream or brook include:
- Terrain is generally hilly, steep or mountainous
- Brook is 4 to 10 feet in average width
- Elevation differential (head) of >150’ over < 3,000’ distance
- Reasonable proximity (<1,000’) to electric usage point
- Generally year-round flow
Please see our website www.LittleGreenHydro.com for more information on site
LGH will provide the EcoHydro System, all system installation, configuration, commissioning, support services and obtain all required environmental and regulator permits. The farm partner will have regular reporting requirements, occasional maintenance duties and accept turn-over of the system upon commissioning.
Contact LGH at: USDA-REAP@LittleGreenHydro.com or call (802) 265-1004.