Safe and Green is hosting a decommissioning panel on Tuesday Dec. 3, 6:30pm at SIT in Brattleboro.
“Cleaning Up VT Yankee: Three Perspectives”
Since Entergy announced that it would stop producing power (and radioactive waste) at the end of 2014, there have been some proposals made about the best process and time line for decommissioning. We have learned about the role of the state (extremely limited), host community (limited) and the region’s citizens (one 60 day public comment period). We wish to become more fully informed and advocate for a plan, and determine what actions we need to take to more effectively create changes needed so that citizens have a voice.
Safe & Green will host three speakers. They have each made presentations at separate venues on decommissioning. Their materials are available on our Decommissioning Resources page.
– Tom Buchanan, Windham Regional Commission
– Deb Katz, Citizens Awareness Network
– Dr. Marvin Resnikoff, Radioactive Waste Management Associates
– Invited: Speaker on the decommissioning fund
Following the presentations, the panelists will discuss common themes and differences. Please come with your questions for the Q&A at the end.
- December 3, 2013 6:30 pm
- December 3, 2013 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- anti-nuclear, decommissioning,NRC, nuclear, nuclear waste,speaker, Vermont Yankee Nuclear, VY closure, water
- Leslie Sullivan Sachs
Leave a Reply