This is it, Vermont. Tomorrow, May 5, people all across the state will stand with our global community to connect the dots on climate impacts:: www.climatedots.org
Here in the Green Mountains, we’ll gather in Waitsfield to share our stories, make art, plant trees and then close this epic day with a huge rally and an iconic group photo. We won’t solve the climate crisis in one day, but together we can help the world understand the urgency of the challenge.
The rally starts at 3:30 and will include Bill McKibben, Governor Shumlin, Bernie Sanders, and other local leaders.
Please RSVP here: act.climatedots.org/event
Full schedule and event details below.
We’re hoping to see many of you in Waitsfield tomorrow, but if you can’t make it or if this event isn’t right for you, find other Climate Impacts Day events here: act.climatedots.org/event
Let’s show the world we’re ready to do the serious work ahead. Let’s connect the dots to the new Vermont.
David, for 350Vermont
Vermont Connect the Dots & Climate Impacts Day
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Kid-friendly activities, music, and food vendors from Mad River Localvores.
- Plus free ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s scoop truck!
- 9:00 Public art and tree planting along the Mad River. Meet at Quench Artspace on Bridge Street (map)
Flemer Field (map):
- 1:00 – 3:30 Stories from the front lines of climate change in Vermont. A mixture of conference, fair, and town meeting will bring to life the rich mixture of voices from our statewide community.
- 3:30 Rally with Governor Shumlin, Bernie Sanders, and local leaders.
- 4:00 Bill McKibben will connect the dots to the international climate movement and stage the largest aerial photo ever taken for climate action in Vermont.
Please park at Waitsfield Telecom, Waitsfield Elementary School, or Kenyon’s Field (parking shuttle provided by Aldo the GreaseVan, which runs on locally sourced waste vegetable oil and is provided courtesy of the Tunbridge Grease Collective). Carpooling and locally organized transportation info can be found here (transportation)