Renewable Energy Vermont (REV), the only business trade association focused specifically on the advancement of renewable energy sources deployment. REV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan trade association representing nearly 300 businesses, individuals, colleges and others committed to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels and expanding the availability of renewable sources of energy in Vermont. REV works as the only advocacy organization dedicated solely to advancing renewable energy and efficiency in the state.
Greenpeace is the leading independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and to promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future.
Global Possibilities is committed to educating the public about solutions to our ecological, economical and polital crises:
Today, GP’s focus has expanded to a new blog-type website to get the message out to the world at large that our climate crisis is putting our home – planet earth and our way of life in peril and that we need to move at warp speed before we hit the tipping point of global climate change by all working together.
Saving the world one day at a time – you can do it too!
Up to date Energy News from around the world that the author summarizes. Very encouraging to see that solutions are indeed on the rise and happening everywhere.
Sustainable Forestry Links
Sustainable Forestry: New Hampshire
- randolphforest.org/ – open for outdoor recreation including back country skiing
- www.forestactionplans.org/states/new-hampshire – statewide forest resource planning
- www.nhtoa.org/ – The NH Timberland Owners Association administers the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) program in New Hampshire and is an excellent place to find related information
- www.mtlforests.com/#! – MTL strongly believes in the long term ownership of forest land with sustainable timber harvesting practices that promote a healthy ecosystem which benefits neighboring lands and surrounding communities.
- www.sffw-nh.com/ – Firewood from a company that properly harvests the land allowing for expansion and healthy growth of the forest.
- www.neforestproducts.com/ – supply wholesalers and retailers with the highest quality native lumber possible that is manufactured from timber that has been sustainably harvested.
- www.kingforest.com/ – one of the industry leaders in specialty SFI certified EW Pine wood products
- www.blueriboutdoorsllc.com/ – your Southern New Hampshire company for sustainable forestry services. We offer tree removal, clearing shaded areas for solar panel installs, timber management, low impact logging, hiking trail layout and construction, scenic vistas, wildlife viewing and food plots among many other services while keeping the environment in the forefront of our mind.
- www.northlandforest.com/index.html – a hardwood lumber processor and distributor, producing our own exclusive brand of hardwood lumber. NFP has been chain-of-custody certified by the Rainforest Alliance to Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) standards since 1998.
- www.gfplp.com/ – GFP is one of the oldest and largest forestry investment advisors
- www.lymetimber.com/index.html – a private timberland investment management organization (TIMO) that focuses on the acquisition and sustainable management of lands with unique conservation values.
- www.nhtreefarm.org/page.php?cmd=page&id=1 – Part of The American Tree Farm System which is a nationwide program that encourages private forest owners to actively manage their forests in a sustainable manner for multiple values.
- https://www.forestsociety.org/ – Forest Society is dedicated to protecting the state’s most important landscapes while promoting the wise use of its renewable natural resources.
Sustainable Forestry: Vermont
- www.aivt.org/sfi.html – SFI program participants practice sustainable forestry on all the lands they manage. They also influence millions of additional acres through the training of loggers and foresters in best management practices and landowner outreach programs.
- www.vsjf.org/ – created to accelerate the development of Vermont’s green economy. We provide early stage grant funding, technical assistance, and loans to entrepreneurs, businesses, farmers, networks and others interested in developing jobs and markets in the green economy.
- www.familyforests.org/ – non-profit family forest conservation organization. Our priority is to conserve the health of local family forests. When appropriate, we promote their careful cultivation for local community benefits.
- www.uvm.edu/rsenr/?Page=undergraduate/forestry.html&SM=undergradmenu.html – Rubenstein School is at the forefront as we revolutionize our forestry program through the Green Forestry Education Initiative — defining and demonstrating a new niche for forestry and forest conservation education that emphasizes the integration of sustainable design, land ethics, and real-world learning.
- vermontwoodsstudios.com/ – creating American made collections of high quality wood furniture for generations. Our eco friendly fine furniture is handmade in New England using premium solid hardwoods that are sustainably harvested from well managed North American forests. Each piece of our furniture is handmade to order in Vermont
- www.merckforest.org/ – Merck Forest and Farmland Center (MFFC) is an educational nonprofit organization with a mission to teach and demonstrate innovative, sustainable management of forest and farmland.
- www.vermontlumber.com/lumber.php – The A. Johnson Co., LLC produces lumber for both wholesale sales and retail sales. All timber harvested off company lands or under the supervision of a company forester is first party SFI certified.
- www.gagnonlumber.com/ – manufacturing Northern Hardwoods on a wholesale basis and Eastern White Pine and Hemlock for both wholesale and retail trade.
- currierforestproducts.com/ – Sustainable Custom Milling and Flooring in the NE Kingdom of VT
- forestrywildlife.com/?page_id=9 – Guided Hikes & Wildlife Tours and Forestry & Mapping Services, based in Woodstock, Vermont
- farmandwilderness.org/about-us/environmental-sustainability/forestry/ – F&W forest management goals are sustainable timber production, enhanced wildlife habitat, and providing opportunities for campers and staff to learn about the forests and wildlife.