- “New Conversion Kit Turns Your Classic Mini Cooper Into A Timeless EV” • Fans of classic cars and restomods rejoice! There is now a fully realized and genuinely affordable kit to help you turn your classic Mini Cooper into a fast, clean, and modern EV. And, best of all, it is even truer to the original Mini philosophy than you might hope for. [CleanTechnica]
- “Hurricanes Are Maintaining Their Strength Farther Inland As The Planet Warms, Study Finds” • In recent years, hurricanes are rapidly intensifying more often, dumping higher rainfall totals, and even moving slower, all because they move over warmer water. Now, a study shows are maintaining their strength after landfall for much longer. [CNN]
- “Fortescue Leads ‘Stampede’ Into Green Energy With Stunning Plans For 235 GW Of Wind And Solar” • The scale of Fortescue’s program is breathtaking. To put it into context, 235 GW of wind and solar is equivalent to nearly five times the current capacity of Australia’s main grid, and more than the energy output of such oil giants as Chevron and Total. [RenewEconomy]
- “Tesla’s Energy Business Is Flourishing – 2021 Looks Bright” • During Tesla’s Q3 2020 earnings call, CEO Elon Musk noted that this was Tesla’s “best quarter in history.” Most of the revenue came from Tesla’s automotive business. But on a closer look, you can see the leaves of Tesla’s energy business rapidly unfolding as this side continues to grow. [CleanTechnica]
- “US Voluntary Clean Power Sales Keep Surging, With More Than a Little Help From Utilities” • Voluntary clean power sales have surged in the past decade and now number in the millions. According to data published annually by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, they doubled from 2010 to 2014 and doubled again from 2014 to 2019. [Greentech Media]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.