- “Louisiana Has Been Hit By 3 Deadly Hurricanes This Season: Reflections While Riding Out Delta” • The Gulf Coast states face tropical storms and potentially hurricanes every year. However, 2020 takes the cake. Louisiana has had to brace itself six times this year. During Laura, the winds raged for about nine so hours, but Laura was silent compared to Delta. [CleanTechnica]
- “Agrophotovoltaic News: Bifacial Panels In Germany, Grazing Sheep In Austria” • Next2Sun has an innovative PV system that combines agricultural use and solar power on the same area. It has a vertical arrangement of solar modules that use sunlight from both the front and the rear, facing east and west, while the area between is used for agriculture. [CleanTechnica]
- “International Scientists Return From Arctic With Wealth Of Climate Data” • The RV Polarstern icebreaker, a ship carrying scientists on a year-long international effort to study the high Arctic, has returned to its home port in Germany carrying a wealth of data that will help researchers better predict climate change in the decades to come. [The Irish News]
- “USA’s $100 Million Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Plan” • The US has just launched another sneak attack on coal, oil, and natural gas, with a new five-year, $100 million green hydrogen and fuel cell truck plan from the Energy Department. It is aimed squarely at pushing diesel out of the growing market for long-haul transportation. [CleanTechnica]
- “Norwegian Importer Expects EVs To Be 90% Of Volkswagen Sales In 2021” • The all new Volkswagen ID.3 was the best selling electric car in Norway in September, outpacing the vaunted Tesla Model 3. Volkswagen has always been one of the top sellers in the Norwegian market, and the government is still maintaining incentives for EVs. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.