- “Trump Admin Document Reportedly Warns of Financial Disaster of Climate Change” • In the report, “Managing Climate Risk in the Financial System,” the authors forecast that business-as usual emissions will cause immense chaos in US financial markets. The report came from president Trump’s Commodity Futures Trading Commission. [New York Magazine]
- “The Buildings Warmed By The Human Body” • The building at Number 2 Rue de Beaubourg in Paris looks modest. Though you wouldn’t know it from the outside, it nevertheless has an unusual design. Since 2015, the building has been drawing its warmth from the hustle and bustle of human body heat in a nearby metro station. [BBC]
- “General Motors To Manufacture Nikola Badger As Part Of New Strategic Partnership” • Nikola Motor and GM are forming a new strategic partnership. For a $2 billion equity stake in Nikola and the right to nominate one director to the Nikola board, GM will engineer, validate, and manufacture the battery and fuel cell variants of the Nikola Badger. [CleanTechnica]
- “California Wildfires: Fire Chief Says Dozens Of Major Blazes Have State In ‘Dire Situation'” • The chief of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Thom Porter, said the 25 large wildfires raging in his state after an extreme heat wave made the situation “dire.” Many fires will be “uncontrollable until we have a weather change.” [CNN]
- “California Offshore Winds Show Promise As Power Source” • As California aims to provide 60% of its energy from renewable sources by 2030 and 100% by 2045, a study from California Polytechnic State University provides some good news. Offshore winds along the Central Coast increase in the evening, the same time of day that more energy is needed. [Science Daily]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.