- “France’s Recent Order Liberalizing Retrofits Of Old ICE Vehicles Supercharges Phoenix Mobility” • The transition to EVs is happening much faster than we expected. Affordable mass EV conversions will put this transition into Ludicrous mode. An EV conversion firm in France, Phoenix Mobility, is looking to scale up its B2B fleet conversion business. [CleanTechnica]
- “100% Carbon Free by 2035. The Democrat Offer For Renewable energy” • Laid out by the Democratic candidate Joe Biden’s task force, the recommendations for climate-change mitigation call for carbon-free power production by 2035, net-zero emissions for new buildings by 2030, and accelerated adoption of zero-emission vehicles. [Saurenergy]
- “Poison Ivy Likely To Become More Abundant And More Potent With Climate Change” • A six-year study by researchers at Duke University found that elevated levels of CO₂ not only increased the growth of poison ivy but those high CO₂ receiving plants produced a more potent form of urushiol, the oil that causes the skin inflammation. [BayToday]
- “120 GW Renewable Capacity, €340 billion Investments. The Numbers Behind The EC’s Hydrogen Move” • The European Commission has finally shared some more details of its ‘Green Deal’ plan. Using energy from hydrogen is a key plank of the plan, with the energy to electrolyze hydrogen coming from solar and wind energy. [Saurenergy]
- “Rail Solar Projects Pave The Way For Renewables” • A British solar power company is working on technology that could enable railways all over the world to be powered by renewable energy. Riding Sunbeams is the company behind a project of the same name that is already delivering power to trains on Network Rail’s Wessex route. [E&T Magazine]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.