- “Santa Monica To Pilot Zero Emissions Delivery Zones” • The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator chose Santa Monica’s main business district for the pilot for the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator’s new Neighborhood Zero Emissions Delivery Zone. LACI and Santa Monica are interested in assessing a broad range of technologies. [CleanTechnica]
- “Your Home Battery Can Be Part Of A Virtual Power Plant In California” • With solar power and batteries your house stays alive with power, even if the grid goes down, but there are other advantages of such systems. Sunrun and Southern California Edison are partnering to create one of the country’s largest virtual power plants. [CleanTechnica]
- “Africa50 Joins Investors To Power The World’s Largest Solar Park” • Thirty international infrastructure developers are to invest in Egypt’s 1.5-GW Benban solar park, which will be the largest in the world upon completion. The 37-square-kilometer solar park will have over seven million PV panels, with funding of $4 billion. [ESI Africa]
- “Dutch Do Danish Deal To Hit Clean Power Target” • The Netherlands agreed to pay Denmark €100 million as part of a deal to allow the Dutch government to declare at least 8 TWh of Danish surplus renewable power on its books, in an effort to meet its EU target. The Netherlands is one of the worst countries for hitting benchmarks for 2020. [EURACTIV]
- “Europe’s Thinking Shifts On Supporting Renewables As Part Of Green Recovery Package” • The EU’s plans for a €1.85 trillion ($2.08 trillion) coronavirus recovery package may not support big renewable energy projects in the way that was expected. The possibility of a 15-GW EU renewable tender has not survived pushback by vested interests. [Greentech Media]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.