All CSWD Drop-Off Centers closed 3/24 and 3/25; Environmental Depot closed 3/24 until further notice
All Chittenden Solid Waste District (CSWD) Drop-Off Centers (DOCs) will be closed on Tuesday, 3/24 and Wednesday, 3/25.
This pause will enable us to deep-clean facilities, modify our facilities to provide safer interactions between our employees and the public, and provide thorough training on public interaction protocols under these unprecedented conditions.
Beginning immediately, CSWD is also implementing the following changes in operations:
- All Drop-Off Centers will accept household trash (in bags or barrels), recycling, and food scraps ONLY. DOCs will continue to close from 12:00 to 1:00 Monday through Friday for cleaning.
- Leaves and yard debris must go to Green Mountain Compost (GMC) at 1042 Redmond Rd. in Williston. GMC is open for drop-off of leaves and food scraps Monday through Saturday 8:00 to 4:00. (Note: Burlington Electric Department has closed the McNeil Leaf and Waste Wood Yard until further notice.)
- The Environmental Depot, CSWD’s hazardous waste facility, will be closed. Questions? Call the CSWD Hotline at 802-872-8111. Businesses should call 802-865-4663.
Follow these safe storage tips for hazardous waste:
- Never put hazardous waste in the trash, the toilet, or down a drain.
- Store your materials in a dry, sheltered, ventilated area. Keep paint from freezing.
- Keep materials in their original or other clearly labeled containers.
- Do not mix chemicals.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Stay on top of CSWD news by visiting www.CSWD.net
, following us on Facebook
and through our text alert system. Visit our Contact Us page
for instructions on signing up for text alerts.