- “Unemployment Poised To Skyrocket, Creating Urgent Need To Spur Renewables: Obama Veteran Of 2008 Financial Crisis” • Power sector leaders are pushing Congress to address hits to the industry in its stimulus package. A former Obama transition team member pointed out that clean energy buildouts could be the first to hire. [Utililty Dive]
- “US Banks Continue To Fund Dirty Energy” • A report from a collection of leading NGOs takes a deep dive into how world banks are fueling the climate crisis. The four biggest fossil fuel financiers are JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, and Bank of America. Together, they have put $800 billion into fossil fuels since the Paris Agreement. [CleanTechnica]
- “COVID-19: 25 GW Of US Wind Projects At Risk” • As much as 25 GW of US wind projects are being put to risk by COVID-19, according to analysis by the American Wind Energy Association. AWEA said 35,000 jobs could be jeopardy, as well as $43 billion in investments and payments to rural communities through taxes and leasing fees. [reNEWS]
- “Utility Workers Prepare To Sleep At Work To Keep The Power Flowing” • The government judges electric power plants, nuclear reactors, and oil and gas infrastructure to be critically important. US power workers deemed essential for American electrical grid operations are being asked to live on site at control centers and power plants during the pandemic. [Salon]
- “Organic Waste Has Huge Untapped Potential To Provide Clean Energy Around The World” • The world is only using a fraction of the potential to produce renewable gas from organic waste, which could cover around 20% of today’s global demand for natural gas, according to a report published by the International Energy Agency. [Modern Diplomacy]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.