- “The Boring Company Completes First Tunnel For Las Vegas Loop Project” • The Boring Company has completed the first of two tunnels it is building for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. The tunnel’s electric trains will take about a minute to cover a route that would take a car on surface streets about 15 times that. [CleanTechnica]
- “How Solar Works On Cloudy And Rainy Days May Surprise You” • “Renewables are the dole bludgers of the energy system; they only turn up to work when they want to,” said Australia’s ex-federal resources minister Matt Canavan recently. I decided to crunch numbers about solar production on rainy days. The result was a pleasant surprise. [Daily Examiner]
- “Sea Levels Around The US Aren’t Just Rising, They’re Accelerating Year On Year” • The worst case scenario for sea level rise in the US is more than just a dim possibility. It’s getting more likely. An annual “report card” for the US coastline shows sea levels are speeding up in most places measured. The acceleration is fueled by climate change. [ScienceAlert]
- “France President Macron Vows ‘Fight Of The Century’ Against Climate Change” • France’s leader called the battle against climate change and environmental destruction “the fight of the century” after visiting a melting glacier in the French Alps. But Macron faces vociferous opposition on multiple fronts over climate change. [WIZM News]
- “Instead Of Releasing This Greenhouse Gas, Beer Brewers Are Selling It To Pot Growers” • The state of Colorado and three small businesses are trying a novel approach to reduce carbon emissions that sounds like something out of the fever dreams of Willie Nelson: using carbon dioxide produced from beer brewing to help marijuana plants grow. [Times Record]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.