- “Electric Aircraft Pilot Training Is Arriving” • Quantum Air and OSM Aviation Group announced an electric aircraft pilot training partnership. OSM Aviation Academy will conduct the Quantum-branded pilot training program according to FAA commercial standards. Electric urban air mobility is taking shape one step at a time. [CleanTechnica]
- “Irrigation Keeps Things Cool In Extreme Heat” • A study in Nature Communications examined the influence of irrigation on extreme heat. The cooling effect of irrigation over regions studied partly or completely offset the effect of global warming contributing to more frequent and intense heat extremes by up to a factor of eight. [Futurity]
- “Sir David Attenborough Warns Of Climate ‘Crisis Moment'” • “The moment of crisis has come” in efforts to tackle climate change, Sir David Attenborough has warned. According to the renowned naturalist and broadcaster, “we have been putting things off for year after year.” Sir David’s comments came in a BBC News interview. [BBC]
- “BBC Launches New Climate Coverage” • The BBC announced plans for a year-long series of special programming and coverage on climate change. The Our Planet Matters project is to have news services and shows, including a new monthly Climate Check podcast from BBC Weather, and coverage of debates and events around the globe. [BBC]
- “Citi Explains Why There’s An ‘Ultimate Cap’ On Oil Prices” • David Bailin, CIO of Citi Private Bank, said the cost of producing electricity from solar energy has been lower than that of fossil fuels for two years. That’s a “permanent change” that will limit how high oil prices can climb, he said. The global oil supply is currently running ahead of demand. [CNBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.