- “Australia Is Burning. The Arctic Is Melting. Yet Trump Keeps Gutting Climate Change Regulations.” • Increasingly, the world is feeling the dangerous impacts of climate change. But the Trump administration is steadfast in pursuit of one of its signature policy goals: gutting environmental regulations, including those aimed at curbing climate change. [CNN]
- “California’s Renewable Energy Targets Slashed Carbon Pollution – Now There’s A Proposal To Pause Them” • Analysis shows California’s renewable energy targets helped drive a large drop in emissions and pushed the state past its 2020 climate goals early. Yet one California lawmaker wants to put a stop to the mandate, for now. [Lost Coast Outpost]
- “Fiat Chrysler Will Basically Fund Tesla’s Gigafactory 4” • Last year, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles made a deal to pool its fleet with Tesla’s in order to comply with Europe’s stricter emissions rules. According to a US investment bank, the deal is worth $2 billion through 2023 and will basically provide funding for Tesla’s new German factory. [CleanTechnica]
- “Fukushima Aims To Become 100% Renewable Energy Reliant, Nine Years After Nuclear Disaster” • The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power has been reported to have plans to be a renewable energy hub by 2040. Now, reports say that the local government has vowed to meet the area’s power needs by 100% renewable energy by 2040. [Republic World]
- “Tens Of Thousands Protest Australian P M’s Climate Policies Amid Bushfire Crisis” • Thousands of activists marched in several major cities across Australia, calling on the government to act on the climate crisis and do more to stop the bushfires that continue to ravage large swathes of the country. The protests had been organized in nine cities. [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.