- “Pathways To Changing The Minds Of Climate Deniers” • Researchers at Stanford found that those who deny human causes for climate change can be swayed through conversations that appeal to their different identities, reframe solutions, or even embrace their climate views. They have four suggestions for breaking down barriers in conversation. [Phys.Org]
- “Tesla Is The Most Valuable Auto Company In The History Of America” • Barron’s noted on January 7th, 2020, that Tesla had become the most valuable auto company in US history. Let me repeat: Not just currently. We are talking about the most valuable American auto company in US history. Congratulations to Elon and Tesla! [CleanTechnica]
- “It’s Official: 2019 Was The Second-Hottest Year On Record” • From France to Australia, from India to Alaska … if you stepped outside in almost any corner of the globe, you could feel it. 2019 was hot. Really hot. In fact, we just lived through the second-hottest year ever recorded, according to the European Union’s flagship climate monitoring organization. [CNN]
- “Trump Says America Doesn’t Need Middle East Oil. It’s Not That Simple” • President Donald Trump declared that the US no longer needs to rely on the Middle East for oil. There is no doubt that America’s historic oil boom has rewritten the rule book for the global energy industry, but the real story is much more complicated. [CNN]
- “As The Ice Melts, Greenland Considers Its Future” • Greenland is not used to being the center of attention, but last year it made the front pages of newspapers around the world. President Trump wanted to buy it. China wants a presence there. The ice is melting, and this makes mining easier. Greenland is vast, and its mines could be rich. [BBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.