- “Police Department Adds 2020 Tesla Model 3 And Explains Why” • Asked why he chose the Model 3, Police Chief Koskinas says he “believes in being green.” However, the car’s unmatched performance for the money, its 5 star safety rating, its top-of-the-industry collision avoidance technology, and its low lifetime cost also were factors. [CleanTechnica]
- “Australia Fires: Rain Brings Relief But Huge Blazes Expected Ahead” • Sooty rain fell on Australia’s east coast, from Sydney to Melbourne, with “torrential” rain reported in some parts of New South Wales. But officials warned it would get hot again soon and huge fires in Victoria and NSW could meet to create a larger “mega blaze.” [BBC]
- “Innovative New Orleans School Puts Focus On Environment, Climate Change” • A high school in New Orleans is preparing students for careers in coastal protection and restoration, anticipating a future with ongoing climate change and sea level rise. New Harmony High School opened in 2018 and has about 100 south Louisiana students. [WBRZ]
- “A History Of Climate Change Science And Denialism” • Reading recent media reports, you could be forgiven for thinking that climate change is a sudden crisis. Nevertheless, scientists have understood the greenhouse effect since the 19th century, and the potential for human-caused global warming for decades. Denialism has a history. [History News Network]
- “California Offers Up To $9,500 To Purchase Used Or New Electric Vehicle, Focus On Lower-Income Motorists” • New EV incentives help California residents with lower incomes improve air quality and fight climate change. They can now get $9,500 in EV incentives in certain regions, or even $14,000 under some specific circumstances. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.