- “Homes To Sell Renewable Energy To Businesses In Vermont’s First Of A Kind Local Energy Marketplace” • Called Vermont Green, a pilot project by LO3 Energy also looks to solve some haunting industry issues, among them achieving 100% renewable energy, replacing net metering, and simplifying green energy purchases. [Microgrid Knowledge]
- “EasyJet 1st Airline In World To Go Carbon Neutral, Starting Today” • EasyJet announced that from today all of its flights will be carbon neutral, the first airline to do so. From now, EasyJet’s 331 airplanes will have their carbon emissions balanced through carbon removal efforts. In the future, it will switch to sustainable fuels and electric aircraft. [CleanTechnica]
- “Australia Fires: ‘Catastrophic’ Alerts In South Australia And Victoria” • Heat and winds are threatening to widen Australia’s bushfire crisis, with three states warned to expect their worst conditions of the season so far. In addition to South Australia and Victoria, South Australia issued a “catastrophic” alert, the highest danger rating. [BBC]
- “Nikola Pushes Deeper Into Battery Electric Vehicles With Next Generation Battery Tech” • The Nikola Motor Company has news of a pending acquisition of a team that developed a next generation battery technology. It claims the battery has double the capacity of what is currently available, costs half as much, and has an acceptable lifespan. [CleanTechnica]
- “New Jersey More Than Doubles Offshore Wind Target To 7.5 GW” • New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed an executive order backing a goal of 7.5 GW of offshore wind by 2035, more than doubling the state’s existing 3.5-GW target for 2030. At present, the state is heavily reliant on natural gas and nuclear power for its electricity. [Greentech Media]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.