- “Electric Aviation Company Scylax Forms Joint Venture With German Regional Airline” • Scylax GmbH, based in Munich, has entered into a joint venture with the East Frisian FLN airline for electric aircraft. The idea is to replace the airline’s current fleet of gas-powered BN-2 Norman Britten Islanders with the all-electric Scylax E10s. [CleanTechnica]
- “US Renewable Energy Generating Capacity To Grow By 47 GW – FERC Data” • According to a review by the SUN DAY Campaign of data just released by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, we are to see net decreases in generating capacities of fossil fuels and nuclear in the next three years. Renewables are expected to grow by 47 GW, however. [pvbuzz media]
- “California Fires: Trump Threatens To Pull Federal Aid” • President Donald Trump has threatened to cut federal funding for the wildfires sweeping California, in a Twitter spat with the state’s governor. Nearly 100,000 acres have been destroyed by wildfires in recent weeks, and thousands have been forced from their homes. [BBC]
- “Flights Diverted As New Delhi Chokes On Heavy Pollution” • Flights were delayed in and out of New Delhi’s international airport because of pollution that left the Indian capital blanketed with heavy smog. Visibility was so poor that 37 flights were diverted to other airports. Delhi’s Chief Minister called the pollution “unbearable.” [CNN]
- “US Annual Wind Operations And Maintenance Spending To Reach $7.5 Billion” • The US is expected to increase its annual spending on the operations and maintenance of wind energy infrastructure by 50% between 2018 and 2030, according to IHS Markit. This would put the amount at $7.5 billion by the end of that time. [Smart Energy]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.