- “StreetScooter Plans To Enter US And Chinese Markets With New Electric Delivery Trucks” • Deutsche Post purchased EV startup StreetScooter in 2014. Then it started to replace all 70,000 vehicles in its fleet with electric trucks, and to sell trucks to other companies. Now it is planning to build factories in the US and China. [CleanTechnica]
- “Loons Likely To Disappear From Minnesota Due To Climate Change, New Report Warns” • Minnesota could lose its beloved state bird in coming decades if humans don’t stall climate change and prevent the common loon from shifting north, a report by the National Audubon Society, Survival by Degrees: 389 Bird Species on the Brink says. [Minneapolis Star Tribune]
- “The Executive Branch Must Stop Suppressing Science” • Our ability to keep the public safe and move the country forward economically rests, in large part, on government science and research. That foundational work is endangered by manipulation for political ends, and the ramifications are vast and should concern all Americans. [Scientific American]
- “Scientists Endorse Mass Civil Disobedience To Force Climate Action” • Over 300 scientists from at least 20 countries, including climate scientists, physicists, biologists, and others, endorsed a civil disobedience campaign to force governments to act to tackle climate change. They warning that failure to do so could inflict “incalculable human suffering.” [bdnews24.com]
- “‘If They Don’t Do It, We Will’: Greta Thunberg Rallies Climate Strikers For Long Haul” • Young people must be prepared to strike for a long time for action on climate change and not back down, the Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has told a rally in Denver. Thunberg said she and fellow youth activists would not beg. [The Guardian]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.