- “$3.3 Million Grant For Fuel Cell/Electric Aviation Startup ZeroAvia” • The aviation startup ZeroAvia has received a £2.7 million ($3.3 million) grant from the government of the UK. The funds will be used to support the continued development of fuel cell/electric propulsion technology to reduce aviation carbon dioxide emissions. [CleanTechnica]
- “PA To Join Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative” • Pennsylvania is taking a major step forward in its efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Gov Tom Wolf has set the wheels in motion for the Keystone State to join nine other northeastern states in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative. Announcing the plan, he spoke of climate change. [Public News Service]
- “Dulles Airport Pilot Is One Of The Region’s Largest Solar Project” • Dominion Energy has partnered with Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority for a solar energy pilot project at Washington Dulles Airport. The 100-MW solar PV project is the Airports Authority’s first large scale renewable energy initiative of this kind. [Smart Energy]
- “Virginia To Develop Four New Solar Energy Projects” • In Virginia, permits were issued for construction and operation of four new solar projects that are expected to offset carbon dioxide emissions in the state by 459 million pounds, the equivalent of driving more than 44,000 cars for a year. They have a combined capacity of 192 MW. [Associated Press]
- “Generac Pivots From Generators Into Residential Energy Storage And Solar At SPI 2019” • Generac is known for installing more than 2 million backup generator into homes. Earlier this year, however, Generac acquired the residential energy storage company Pika Energy. And with that, it is moving heavily into energy storage. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.