- “Germany To Join Alliance To Phase Out Coal” • In the wake of the global student climate strike, Environment Minister Svenja Schulze said Germany would move further in its efforts to phase out coal. Berlin is hoping to shut down all its coal-fired power plants by 2038. The country will be joining the Powering Past Coal Alliance. [Deutsche Welle]
- “How Russia Seized Control of the Uranium Market” • Mines in Canada and elsewhere, which have supplied uranium for nuclear fuel, have been closing, as Russia and Kazakhstan put pressure on the market. The US imports 93% of its nuclear reactor fuel, and much of this is from Russia, but President Trump says this is not a problem. [The Market Oracle]
- “Trump Administration Suppressed Over 1500 Climate Change Studies” • The Trump administration systematically suppressed and minimized the results of more than 1,400 studies related to climate change at the Department of Agriculture, information released by Sen Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) shows. Farmers are not getting facts they need. [The National Memo]
- “Tesla Vs Porsche EV Rivalry Accelerates The Death Of Fossil Vehicles” • If Porsche wants its Taycan to keep pace with the Tesla Model S Plaid, Porsche will have to allow it to outperform the company’s current flagship Panamera combustion sedan. And that will only highlight the inferiority of vehicles powered by fossil fuels. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Heat Is On The Rise And Climate Change Is Affecting Tampa Bay” • Climate change is real, and it’s happening now: That’s the message protesters wanted the nation to hear. Heat and coastal flooding are the main issues people in Florida are seeing. The water level in Tampa Bay is 7.8 inches above what it was in 1940, and it is rising. [WTSP.com]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.