- “Tesla & Green Mountain Power Launch New Flat Rate Solar + Storage Bundles” • Tesla and Vermont’s Green Mountain Power kicked off an initiative that lets customers lock in a flat monthly price for a solar-plus-storage system. Tesla’s tiered approach to solar rentals and loans can include two Tesla Powerwalls for $30 per month extra. [CleanTechnica]
- “Renewables, Storage Poised To Undercut Natural Gas Prices, Increase Stranded Assets: RMI” • If all proposed gas plants are built, 70% of those investments will be rendered uneconomic by 2035, according to two new reports from the Rocky Mountain Institute. Carbon-free resources are now cost competitive with new natural gas plants. [Utility Dive]
- “Indonesian Forests Are Burning, And Malaysia And Singapore Are Choking On The Fumes” • Intense forest fires have raged across the Indonesian regions of Sumatra and Kalimantan in recent weeks. More than 930,000 hectares (about 2.3 million acres) of land have been burned and hundreds of residents evacuated. [CNN]
- “GE Renewable Energy To Deliver Cypress Wind Turbines For 175-MW Onshore Wind Farm In Sweden” • GE Renewable Energy secured another win for its Cypress platform, providing 33 of its 5.3-158 Cypress wind turbines at Björkvattnet wind farm. The 175-MW wind farm will power the equivalent of 175,000 homes in Sweden. [REVE]
- “New Probe Into Fukushima Nuclear Disaster” • Japan’s nuclear regulator says it will have a new investigation into the Fukushima Disaster, to look into how radiation leaked from damaged reactor containment vessels and other factors. When three reactors at Fukushima Daiichi melted down, 160,000 people to were forced to evacuate. [Western Advocate]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.