- “Sweden’s Highest Peak Is Not The Highest Anymore – And You Can Blame Climate Change For That” • Sweden’s tallest mountain has lost its title, scientists confirmed, and climate change is to blame. Rising temperatures have been melting the glacier covering Kebnekaise’s southern peak, and it has decreased by an alarming 24 meters over 50 years. [CNN]
- “EV Boom In Norway Is A ‘Smug National Fraud’ According To RT” • How’s this headline? “Norway’s electric car miracle is a smug national fraud built on subsidizing rich people with Teslas.” Does that sound like something inspired by groups inspired by Koch Industries? It’s not. It’s actually from RT, a propaganda arm of the Russian government. [CleanTechnica]
- “Los Angeles Says “Yes” To The Cheapest Solar Plus Storage In The USA” • Los Angeles’ municipal utility voted 5-0 to approve a 25-year contract with 8minute Solar Energy for a 400-MW solar plus 300-MW / 1.2-GWh energy storage facility. The aggregate price of the electricity from the project, with adders, came to 3.962¢/kWh. [pv magazine USA]
- “Neoen Unveils 2.7 GW Hybrid Giant In Oz” • Renewables developer Neoen is planning to build a hybrid wind, solar and energy storage facility in South Australia with a combined capacity of 2700 MW. The Goyden South project aims to deliver 1.2 GW of wind power, 600 MW of solar and 900 MW of energy storage capacity. [reNEWS]
- “44% renewable energy record welcomed by SONI” • System Operator Northern Ireland welcomed news that 44% of Northern Ireland electricity consumption was generated by renewable sources in the 12 months to June 2019. The figure easily beats Northern Ireland’s renewable target of 40%, a year ahead of its 2020 deadline. [Farming Life]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.