- “Donnie Dim Bulb Channels David Koch To Save The Incandescent Light Bulb” • The latest lunacy from the former coal lobbyist now running the EPA is a proposal to eliminate a regulation scheduled to go into effect next year to halt the sale of virtually all incandescent light bulbs in the US and replace them with more energy efficient lights. [CleanTechnica]
- “Renewable Energy’s Booming, But Still Falling Far Short of Climate Goals” • Renewable energy capacity quadrupled worldwide over the past 10 years, with an estimated $2.6 trillion invested in its growth, a UN report shows. But the speed of that growth still falls far short of what researchers say is needed to deal with global warming. [InsideClimate News]
- “Solar Tops Coal As World’s Biggest Source Of New Capacity Over Past Decade” • The Global Trends in Renewable Energy Investment 2019 report, shows that solar power accounted for the largest single share of the net 2,366 GW of new power capacity installed over the past decade, at 638 GW. That includes coal and other fossil fuels. [RenewEconomy]
- “Oil And Gas Companies Undermining Climate Goals, Says Report” • Major oil and gas companies have invested $50 billion (£40.6 billion) in projects that undermine global efforts to avert a runaway climate crisis, according to a report. The report from financial thinktank Carbon Tracker analyzed individual projects for climate effects. [The Guardian]
- “Bernie Sanders In Climate Change ‘Population Control’ Uproar” • Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has been criticized after arguing population control should be part of tackling climate change. The Vermont senator told a TV debate that women “in poor countries” should have access to birth control. [BBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.