- “Local Motors Will Introduce Its Olli 2 Autonomous Shuttle This Fall” • Olli is designed to provide shuttle service at colleges, hospitals, military installations, and other campus environments. As long as it stays within the confines of the space it is configured for, it is capable of Level 4 autonomy and requires no human driver/attendant. [CleanTechnica]
- “This Is The Bahamas. This Is What Hurricane Dorian Did To It” • The pictures coming out of the Bahamas in the wake of Hurricane Dorian are truly frightening. Whole neighborhoods were under water. Apocalyptic destruction seemingly was everywhere. But it is not true that the entire country was flattened by the storm. [CNN]
- “What Happened During CNN’s Climate Town Hall And What It Means For 2020” • Ten Democratic presidential candidates took to the stage for CNN’s climate town meeting as Hurricane Dorian menaced the East Coast and at a time when the impact of a warming Earth is no longer just a vision of a catastrophic future but is increasingly visible. [CNN]
- “Report Shows Massachusetts Will Fall Short Of Its Renewable Energy Goals Unless It Makes Some Changes” • A report from Vote Solar shows that inconsistent policy environment slowed Massachusetts’ once booming solar market dramatically. It says the Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target is undermining its renewable energy targets. [Solar Builder]
- “Democrats Split Over Nuclear Energy Amid Climate Fight” • The use of nuclear power is splitting Democratic presidential candidates, with Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) and businessman Andrew Yang among those calling for new nuclear plants and Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt) arguing vehemently against any expansions. [The Hill]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.