- “Investors Are Leading The Climate Change Charge Towards Zero Emissions And Cleaner Fuels While Governments Lag Behind” • Financial giants from Europe, China, Japan, the US, Australia, and elsewhere can see the looming risks and rewards, and they are not waiting for policymakers to signal what needs to be done. [South China Morning Post]
- “Unsanctioned Democratic Climate Change Debate Could Occur On TYT” • The DNC created a draconian rule to prevent Democratic candidates from taking part in unsanctioned debates. Candidates who take part in such debates will be barred entry to DNC-sanctioned debates. The Young Turks is trying to organize a climate change debate. [CleanTechnica]
- “Trump Doesn’t Think He’s ‘Ever Even Heard Of A Category 5’ Hurricane. Four Such Storms Have Threatened The US Since He Took Office” • Dorian is the most recent of four Category 5 hurricanes to endanger parts of the US since Trump assumed the Oval Office. With Dorian, he said he had never heard of such a thing. He said that of the earlier ones also. [CNN]
- “The Country Disappearing Under Rising Tides” • Bangladesh has been a vulnerable state for much of its short existence. In this flood-prone country, people have coped with rising water levels with a combination of innovation, flexibility, and resilience, but the extremes the environment is now throwing at them might be beyond anyone’s endurance. [BCC]
- “Bullrock Solar To Partner On Renewable Energy Effort With Porter Medical Center” • Bullrock Solar of Shelburne, along with the University of Vermont Medical Center and the UVM Health Network Porter Medical Center, announced that the UVMHN Porter Medical Center will be the beneficiary of an 800-kW solar field. [Shelburne News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.