- “As The World Gets Hotter, Environmental Consequences Get Worse” • July was the 415th consecutive month of above-20th-century-average temperatures. The five warmest years on record were 2014-18, and this year is on track to be one. Things are heating up. As they do, the destruction to our environment and our economy only gets worse. [Charleston Post Courier]
- “Solar Energy Storage Market To Grow At Over 35%” • A research report published by the market research and strategy consulting firm, Global Market Insights, Inc, projects that the Solar Energy Storage Market will surpass an annual installation of 3 GW by 2025. One of the forces adding to the growth is the advent of EVs. [Smart Energy]
- “Why Some VC Summer Refund Checks Are ‘Not Worth The Postage’” • Since 2008, South Carolina household electricity customers have paid on average $1,565 extra to finance two reactors at the VC Summer Nuclear Station. They were not built, so the customers are getting refund checks. Some got checks for as little as $0.04. [Charlotte Observer]
- “Tesla Cars Is #1 In US Luxury Car Sales In Second Quarter Of 2019” • The Tesla Model 3 absolutely embarrassed the luxury car competition in the United States in the second quarter. Looking at the luxury car ranking, Tesla took the title in the second quarter, on the shoulders of the Model 3’s unprecedented domination of its class. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla Model 3 Has 67% Of US Electric Vehicle Sales In Second Quarter” • The story of the US electric vehicle in Q2 is all about unbalanced sales. There’s the Model 3, and there’s everything else. In fact, the Model 3 accounts for 67% of US electric vehicle sales, according to 2nd quarter sales data and estimates. Its sales nearly doubled from Q1 to Q2. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.