- “Reading, Pennsylvania Sets 100% Clean Energy Goal” • The Reading City Council in Pennsylvania has unanimously voted to adopt a resolution establishing a goal of powering the entire community with 100% renewable energy by 2050. The city will prioritize energy-efficient and low-cost solutions in order to benefit residents. [Windpower Engineering]
- “8minute Solar And NV Energy Plan New Solar Power Plant With 540 MWh Of Battery Storage” • The Southern Bighorn Solar & Storage Center will include a 300-MW (AC) solar array with 540 MWh of lithium-ion battery storage. It will be built in Clark County on the Moapa River Indian Reservation about 30 miles north of Las Vegas. [CleanTechnica]
- “India Plans To Set Up 500 GW Of Renewable Energy Capacity By 2030” • At the 17th meeting of the International Renewables Energy Agency (IRENA) council in Abu Dhabi, Anand Kumar, India’s secretary of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy announced that India plans to set up 500 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030. [REVE]
- “‘Record’ Six Months For Clean Power In Germany” • Renewable energy delivered a record 44% of the electricity consumed in Germany in the first half of 2019, up from 39% in the same period last year, according to data from research and industry organizations. Good weather conditions and industry growth account for the change. [reNEWS]
- “G20 Nations Spending $63.9 Billion Annually On Coal Subsidies” • Days before representatives of the G20 meet in Japan, a report has been published by the Overseas Development Institute, which reveals these nations are spending at least $63.9 billion on coal annually. This includes $20.9 billion in new state-owned enterprise investments. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.