- “Personal Airline Exchange Orders 50 Ampaire EEL Hybrid Electric Commuter Airplanes” • Air service provider Personal Airline Exchange, to expand its on-demand charter service, placed an order for 50 Ampaire Electric EEL commuter planes. They have hybrid electric systems like those in cars, with both electric and combustion power. [CleanTechnica]
- “Climate Protesters Storm Garzweiler Coal Mine In Germany” • Hundreds of climate change activists ran through fields, broke through a police cordon and stormed the Garzweiler open cast coal mine in western Germany to campaign against fossil fuels. Germany has vowed to be carbon neutral by 2050, but activists say 2050 is not soon enough. [BBC]
- “70 People Were Arrested At A Climate Protest Outside The New York Times Offices” • Seventy people were arrested outside of The New York Times building in Manhattan, according to a New York Police Department spokesman, who said that charges are pending. They were protesting to call attention to the way news outlets cover the climate crisis. [CNN]
- “Cornell Professor Offers Ag Fixes To ‘Complex, Severe’ Climate Change” • A Cornell plant science professor told a congressional committee in a hearing on agricultural resiliency that climate change impacts have been more complex and severe than scientists had forecast three decades ago. He called for technology solutions. [Lancaster Farming]
- “Major Investment Manager Drops ExxonMobil And Spam, McKibben Asks ‘Who’ll Be Last Out?'” • Legal and General Investment Management, the UK’s largest asset manager, with a £1 trillion portfolio, has sold its holdings in five companies it deems to be lagging behind in meeting the challenge of a warming planet. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.