- “Trump Administration Hardens Its Attack on Climate Science” • Donald Trump and his political appointees are launching a new assault. Parts of the federal government will no longer fulfill what scientists say is one of the most urgent jobs of climate science studies: reporting on the future effects of a rapidly warming planet. [The New York TImes]
- “Australia On Track To Reach 50% Renewable Energy By 2030: RepuTex” • Australia is on track to achieve a 50% renewable electric energy target by 2030, regardless of federal policy intervention. This is due to the country meeting state renewable energy targets. That’s the finding of new modelling by energy analyst firm RepuTex. [Energy Matters]
- “USPS Goes Driverless Between Phoenix And Dallas With TuSimple” • The US Postal Service has entered into a contract with self-driving truck startup TuSimple to haul mail between Dallas and Phoenix. TuSimple will complete five round trips over the next two weeks while a safety engineer and licensed driver ride along in the cab. [CleanTechnica]
- “‘Startling’ Inaction On Climate Change Must End, Pope Says” • Pope Francis said that to win the fight against climate change, its leaders must stop profiting from fossil fuels that threaten the survival and well-being of the planet and its inhabitants. He was addressing a Vatican climate change conference for world finance ministers. [Crux: Covering all things Catholic]
- “Rhode Island Confirms Revolution Power Play” • Ørsted and the utility Eversource have secured a power purchase agreement for their 400-MW Revolution wind farm off Rhode Island, with PUC approval, a tweet from the Danish developer said. A further 300 MW from the lease zone is to be delivered to neighboring Connecticut. [reNEWS]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.