- “As Young People Lead On Climate Change, Adults Must Step Up!” • On Friday, May 24, over a million young people gathered in some 1,600 locations in 125 countries to plead for effective action on climate change. Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old who inspired them, made an appeal, “We ask you adults, give us a future!” [CleanTechnica]
- “This Swedish Cleantech Company Wants To Mass Produce Printable Organic Solar Cells” • Epishine, a Swedish cleantech company, has a solar technology that would make it possible to manufacture PVs on machines the size of newspaper presses, each printing solar cells at a rate equivalent to one nuclear reactor per month. [Forbes]
- “DHL And StreetScooter Trial Hydrogen Fuel Cell Powered Delivery Vans” • DHL and StreetScooter have been pioneers in zero emissions delivery vans. Originally intended for DHL’s own use, the StreetScooter concept has proven so popular, a second factory is under construction to service the demands of third party customers. [CleanTechnica]
- “Vail To Purchase 100% Of Its Municipal Power From Renewable Sources” • In Colorado, the Vail Town Council has agreed in a six-to-one vote to become the latest Eagle County government to purchase 100% of its municipally-used electricity from renewable sources. Town officials say, however, that more needs to be done. [Vail Daily News]
- “Renewable Energy Developer, Puerto Rico Utility Agree On Project Terms ” • Greenbriar Capital Corp said it had agreed with the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority on terms allowing the Montalva solar project to proceed. Among other things, PREPA asked for a 45% increase in capacity from the original proposal (145 MW total). [Streetwise Reports]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.