- “The heat is on over the climate crisis. Only radical measures will work” • Drowned cities; stagnant seas; intolerable heatwaves; entire nations uninhabitable. A four-degree-warmer world is the stuff of nightmares and yet that’s where we’re heading in just decades. Meeting our emissions targets may seem hard. It will be far harder for our children if we don’t. [The Guardian]
- “Australia Poll Result Divides The Nation” • The result of yesterday’s election in Australia triggered rage and disgust for those hoping for a change of government deemed fairer and kinder to the environment. Many took to social media to express dismay after an election in which climate change was a major issue. [The Straits Times]
- “New Report On Plastics And Climate – The Hidden Costs Of A Plastic Planet” • The Center for International Environmental Law published Plastic & Climate The Hidden Costs of a Plastic Planet. It says that greenhouse gas emissions associated with plastic “threaten the ability of the global community to keep global temperature rise below 1.5°C.” [CleanTechnica]
- “India: Share Of Non-Fossil Fuel Generation Tops 22% In 2018–2019” • Data released by India’s Central Electricity Authority and analyzed by CleanTechnica shows that the share of non-fossil fuel generation, including renewable energy, nuclear power, and large hydropower, topped 22.2% in the financial year 2018-19 (April 2018 to March 2019). [CleanTechnica]
- “Republican Justin Amash Calls For Trump Impeachment” • Rep Justin Amash is the first Republican congressman to call for impeachment of Pres Donald Trump. He accused AG William Barr of misleading the public about the Mueller report, which found 10 instances where Mr Trump possibly attempted to impede the investigation. [BBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.