- “Elizabeth Warren Calls For Ten-Fold Increase Of Renewable Generation On Public Lands, Waters” • Elizabeth Warren, US senator and presidential candidate, announced her plans for a targeted expansion of renewable energy development on public lands along with a moratorium on new fossil fuel leases and other measures. [pv magazine USA]
- “Holtec Adds Indian Point Nuclear Plant To Decommissioning Portfolio” • Entergy said it will sell its Indian Point Energy Center to Comprehensive Decommissioning International, based in Camden, New Jersey. CDI is a jointly owned subsidiary of Holtec International, a company buying nuclear plants that are closed or scheduled for retirement. [S&P Global Platts]
- “Oil And Gas Industry Has Way Too Much Control Over Congress” • In October 1992, the US Senate ratified the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. Yet since then, the US Congress has failed to pass a single major piece of legislation to implement the treaty. The reason is oil and gas campaign donations. [CNN]
- “Microsoft Hikes Its Internal Carbon Tax In A New Sustainability Drive” • Microsoft announced that it will nearly double the internal carbon fee it charges its business units to $15 per metric ton. The company said the higher fee will help it hold its divisions accountable for their emissions as it “doubles down on sustainability.” [CNN]
- “50% Renewables Bill Passes NV Senate, Unanimously” • The Nevada Senate voted unanimously to update the law that sets the minimum amount of electricity big Nevada electricity providers must get from clean, renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind. Nevada’s renewable portfolio standard was increased to 50% by 2030. [Natural Resources Defense Council]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.