- “Our Zero Emission Future” • A low-cost shift to clean energy is now feasible for every region of the world, owing to the plummeting costs of solar and wind power, and breakthroughs in energy storage. The total system costs of renewable energy, including transmission and storage, are now roughly on par with fossil fuels. [Common Dreams]
- “German Prosecutors Charge Former Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn With Fraud” • German prosecutors have charged former Volkswagen chief executive Martin Winterkorn with fraud in a case related to the automaker’s diesel emissions-cheating scandal. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison. [CNN]
- “Extinction Rebellion Protesters Block Some Of London’s Busiest Roads And Bridges” • Thousands of people took to the streets of central London, blockading some of its busiest roads and bridges to raise the alarm over the mounting climate crisis. They are part of a global campaign orchestrated by the British climate organization Extinction Rebellion. [CNN]
- “UK’s Biggest Money Manager Warns On Climate Catastrophe” • The world is facing a climate catastrophe and businesses around the world must address it urgently. That is a message from the largest money manager in the UK, Legal & General Investment Management, which manages £1 trillion worth of UK pension fund investments. [BBC]
- “Climate Change Is Transforming The Economy. How Will Your Company Adapt?” • The World Economic Forum, for the third year in a row, cited “extreme weather” as the greatest threat to the global economy. Climate change is no longer a distant concern for all but a few specialized companies; it’s an imminent reality for every industry. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.