- “How Coal-Killing Solar Panels Can Help US Farmers” • The DOE has a message for farmers: plant solar panels, and you can plant crops, too. The DOE published the “Farmer’s Guide to Going Solar,” answering such questions as how PV modules change the microclimates beneath them, and what effects they have on agricultural production. [CleanTechnica]
- “We Can Talk About This’ – Millennial Republicans Take A Methodical Approach To Climate Change” • In January, 41 state college Republican chairs signed an American Conservation Coalition letter to GOP leaders urging “action on clean energy and environmental issues” to ensure “conservative values are not lost on the next generation”. [The Guardian]
- “Apple Surpasses Renewable Energy Goals For 2020” • Apple has announced that it will exceed, by over 1 GW, its goal of bringing 4 GW of renewable energy into its supply chain by 2020. The company also announced that is has doubled the number of suppliers that run Apple productions on 100% renewable energy. [Power Technology]
- “The EV Tax Credit Debate Heats Up In Congress” • The original tax credit for EVs was $7,500 for the first 200,000 cars from a manufacturer, declining from there. A bill has been introduced in Congress that would keep the $7,500 for the first 200,000, decrease it to $7,000 for the next 400,000, and then phase it out more quickly. [CleanTechnica]
- “Thousands Of Amazon Employees Call On CEO Jeff Bezos To Tackle Climate Change” • More than 5,000 Amazon workers called on founder and CEO Jeff Bezos to tackle climate change in the latest example of tech workers rallying to change company policies from within. An open letter posted online was signed by 5,237 employees in one day. [ABC News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.