- “Big Moment For Clean Power In The US” • Chicago has become the biggest American city to commit to transitioning to 100% renewable energy, joining 118 other cities nationwide in making the move. The Sierra Club reported that Chicago City Council had backed a resolution to take forward the goal for the entire city by 2035. [Innovators Magazine]
- “Trump-Appointed Energy Official: Climate Change Is Real And We Must Lower Carbon Emissions” • A top federal energy regulator appointed by President Donald Trump is calling for urgent action to address climate change. Neil Chatterjee, a Republican from Kentucky, is the chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. [CNN]
- “More Electric Buses Coming To Paris And Surrounding Communities” • RATP Group, the French state-owned public transportation company that serves Paris and its surrounding communities, has plans in place to retire all 4,700 conventional buses in its fleet and replace them by 2025 with zero or ultra low emissions vehicles. [CleanTechnica]
- “Climate Change Must Be Our Number 1 Priority” • We are out of time for waiting, debating and half-measures. America needs bold climate action now. And the only way we’re going to get it is if we elect a president who will make defeating climate change the No. 1 priority of the United States. That is why I am running for president. [CNN]
- “China’s EV Sales Grow 118% Year On Year And Fossil Sales Fall 13% – Q1 Charts!” • The China passenger car association’s first quarter figures are in, and electric vehicle sales continue their rapid rise, up 118% year on year, to over 254,000. Meanwhile, fossil vehicle sales have fallen 13% year on year, to 4,823,000 for the quarter. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.