- “Harbour Air Is Switching Over To 100% Electric Seaplanes” • Harbour Air, based in Vancouver, Canada, will be the first seafaring airline to convert its complete fleet of aircraft to be powered by electricity. Its 41 aircraft will be converted to reach a longer lifecycle with highly improved efficiency and lowered maintenance costs. [CleanTechnica]
- “Union Locals Build Support for the Green New Deal’s ‘Just Transition'” • National leadership among some labor unions have shown an early reluctance toward the Green New Deal. However, leaders at the local level are working to build support for the plan among their membership in hopes of pushing their unions in its direction. [Truthout]
- “As Many As 50,000 Protest Climate Change In Switzerland” • Tens of thousands of people demonstrated on Saturday in several Swiss cities against climate change, the Swiss news agency Keystone-ATS reported. Around 50,000 marched in all, the news agency report estimated, including 15,000 in Zurich, which had the largest crowd. [The Local Switzerland]
- “Diesel-Killing Alaska Solar Power Company Walks The Green New Deal Walk ” • Alaska’s oil-based economy has not been kind to the many Alaskans living in villages that rely on aircraft, boats, and snow machines for transportation. Solar beats diesel on cost, creates new local jobs, and helps to level the socio-economic playing field. [CleanTechnica]
- “Fourteen Automakers And Eight Additional Car Brands See Sales Drops In USA” • In total, fourteen auto brands saw their sales decline from March 2018 to March 2019, while another eight brands saw their net sales increase but their car sales go down. This is worth noting in the context of the Tesla Model 3’s burst onto the scene. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.