- “Kids Around The World Plan To Skip School This Friday To Demand Action On Climate Change” • Young people around the world are not interested in excuses when it comes to dealing with climate change. Many believe that their generation will be left to deal with catastrophic consequences, if nothing is done to stop global warming. [CNN]
- “Trump Administration Concedes Coal Is Collapsing On Its Watch As Renewables Soar” • Coal production will drop nearly 8% in 2019 and 4.5% in 2020, a new analysis from the Trump administration says. But over the same two years, total renewable power generation will rise 30%, according to Energy Information Administration projections. [ThinkProgress]
- “The ‘Ecological Foundations Of Society’ Are In Peril, A Massive UN Report Warns” • Human activities are degrading the global environment fast enough to endanger the “ecological foundations of society” and human health, a landmark UN report says. By dealing with that, we can have less poverty and hunger while preserving the environment. [CNN]
- “SunPower And Sierra Club To Partner On Residential Solar Incentive Program” • Grassroots environmental organization Sierra Club has partnered with one of America’s leading solar manufacturers, SunPower, on a new incentive and rebate program open to the organization’s more than 3.5 million members and supporters. [CleanTechnica]
- “US Adds 10.6 GW Of Solar In 2018” • The United States added 10.6 GW of new solar PV capacity in 2018, down slightly on that installed in 2017. Nevertheless, there is an expectation that the market will rebound in the years ahead. These are the high-level findings from the US Solar Market Insight 2018 Year-in-Review Report. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.