- “Wood Mackenzie Sees Utility Scale Battery Storage Doubling In 2019 And Tripling In 2020” • Wood Mackenzie’s latest report on utility scale battery storage forecasts strong growth this year followed by even stronger growth in 2020. One thing that is especially interesting is that the growth is based on simple economic considerations. [CleanTechnica]
- “Trump Again Seeks Deep Cuts In Renewable Energy Funding” • The Trump administration is said to be seeking deep cuts spending on renewable energy and energy efficiency research again. An official familiar with the plan said the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy would see the budget request for it cut by about 70%. [Bloomberg]
- “The US Is Responsible For 26% Of Global Warming Emissions And Is Morally Responsible To Help Solve It” • When you can get conservatives and libertarians to admit that global warming is real, serious, and caused by humans, they seem almost always to point fingers at India and China. They should look a little deeper at what is going on at home. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla Rolls Out V3 Supercharger Capable Of Delivering 1,000 Miles Of Range Per Hour” • Tesla rolled out the first of the next-generation V3 Supercharger at an exclusive event in Fremont, California. The new chargers will initially come supporting the Model 3, The Models S and X will get software updates will come over the next few months. [CleanTechnica]
- “UK Offshore Wind Sector Deal To Triple “Green Collar” Jobs By 2030” • The UK Government is expected to announce its long-awaited Offshore Wind Sector deal this week. It has already revealed that it intends to use the sector deal to triple “green collar” jobs to 27,000 by 2030 and ensure at least a third of all jobs are held by women. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.